[SunHELP] How to change resolution on SUN

Joe Pampel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 23 06:34:50 CDT 2001

This is something I have wrestled with as well, (and lost thus far!)  I've =
read docs.sun.com until
I'm blue in the face.. I have an E3500 that I'm trying to get onto my =
Raritan switch. It's fine on
the switch but the flat screens we use can't deal with the refresh or =
res.. (they wind up blinking
really fast - great for making migraines, poor for getting work done..).=20=

I have a dark datacenter except for this big ol' Sun monitor on the =
floor..=20

How can I tell what frame buffer I'm using?  Any help would be greatly =
appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe=20

>>> Steve Wingate <steve at velosystems.net> 10/22/01 11:29PM >>>
It depends on the frame buffer that's being used. Since you didn't say, I =
can't tell ya.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:47:51 +0800
"Muhammad Harisun (EID)" <Muhammad.Harisun at eid.ericsson.se> wrote:

>=20
> Hello all,=20
>=20
> it might be dummy quiestion but I need reply from you guys all .=20
> my colleagues need to change the resolution scree on the sun.=20
>=20
> in CDE mode I guest there 's menu to change that, but I don't find any =
tools
> on that.
> some say that there is command kind of  m64config if not mistaken.
>=20
> any hints for this, please share with me .=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Rgds=20