[SunHELP] ldapclient: solved, but still won't authenticate...

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 17:10:07 CDT 2001

Yep.  It was something dumb.

Before I'd figured out the nisDomainObject thing, I had created a nisDomainObject *under* dc=draggoo,dc=com, rather than adding it to dc=draggoo,dc=com itself.

In doing everything else, I'd forgotten to delete that seperate nisDomainObject, which is what ldapclient was grabbing.

I'm testing the logins with telnet, so I've added this to my pam.conf:
telnet  auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so.1
telnet  auth required   /usr/lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so.1 try_first_pass

It asks for my username, password, and LDAP password, and then fails.  And for some reason, it's not even accessing the LDAP directory (or, at least, nothing is showing up in the slapd access log).

nsswitch.conf has files and ldap in the passwd field.

What am I missing?

Wyatt