[SunHELP] ldapclient profile problems...

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 15:44:33 CDT 2001

Argh!

Okay.  This is really starting to bug me now.  I've gone through the Sun docs, more Sun docs, this list archive, and more than a few scattered readme files trying to get this to work.

I'm running the 07/01 Solaris 8, with iPlanet Directory Server 5.0.

I have the tree set up exactly like it shows in the sun docs.  I've got the nisDomainObject as part of the base DN object.  I've changed the ACIs.  I've changed everything I could find to change that I've read about in any of those documents, and the ldapclient still fails.

On top of that, I know that it's probably something simple that I missed, which is even worse. :)

Anyway, here's the output of the ldap -v -P default <IP> command:

parsing -P option
findDN: begins
findDN: calling __ns_ldap_default_config()
found 1 namingcontexts
findDN: __ns_ldap_list(NULL, "(&(objectclass=nisDomainObject)(nisdomain=draggoo.com))"
rootDN[0] dc=draggoo,dc=com
found baseDN nisdomain=draggoo.com,dc=draggoo,dc=com for domain draggoo.com
Servers addresses 172.16.1.200
About to configure machine by downloading a profile
save sysinfo
save stat(/etc/nsswitch.conf,
save /usr/sbin/nscd -K
save /usr/bin/pkill -9 nscd
save rename(/etc/nsswitch.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf.orig)
save stat(/etc/defaultdomain,
save rename(/etc/defaultdomain, /etc/defaultdomain.orig)
save stat(/etc/.rootkey,
No /etc/.rootkey file!
save stat(/var/nis/NIS_COLD_START,
No /var/nis/NIS_COLD_START file!
namelen 11
save stat(/var/yp/binding/draggoo.com,
No /var/yp/binding/draggoo.com directory!
download save() of systems configuration suceeded.
download ret 2
download p 0xffbeeccc
download p Object not found
The download of the profile failed, recovering system state.
<A lot of recovery stuff>

I'm not sure how it's getting the baseDN "nisdomain=draggoo.com,dc=draggoo,dc=com" --- it's not that way (that I can find, anyway) in the directory tree.  However, after it finds that, from the ldap access logs, it looks for the profile under  base="ou=profile,nisdomain=draggoo.com,dc=draggoo,dc=com", which it's not finding since "nisdomain=draggoo.com" isn't part of the tree.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wyatt