[SunHELP] SCSI/Fibre

Bruce Pullig sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 22 15:31:39 CDT 2001

Thanks!  I rarely pass up on free.   I especially like books that help me
explain things in simple terms to management.   That way if management asks
me, "why are we using fibre" when I'm in the middle of replacing an HBA I
can toss them a book and get back to work.
I sometimes find it hard to explain things in simple enough terms for
management.

<dumb boss story>
At a previous job my manager wanted to know why a system panic-ed so I
started explaining how I was checking the coredump to see which process had
caused the problem.   He asked what a coredump was and I told him it was a
copy of what was in memory when the system crashed. He asked what a process
was.   When I told him it was a task the system was working on he accused
me of using too technical of terms.   I told him the server had low self
esteem and I was planning on making it feel better.  He was not amused.
</dumb boss story>

At 02:45 PM 10/22/2001, you wrote:
>Thought I pass this along, in case anyone needed more info.
>on SCSI (like me) or Fibre Channel.
>
>http://www.ancot.com/books/books.html (it's free)
>
>Regards,
>

>- Mike

   Bruce Pullig
   Senior Systems Administrator
   Schlumberger Oil & Gas Information Solutions
   Data Management Center
   5444 Westheimer, Suite 800, Houston, TX 77056
   Phone: 713.350.4217  Fax: 713.350.4102
   bpullig at slb.com