[SunHELP] Recommended Patches

Bill Bradford sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 18 10:33:01 CDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:47:37AM -0500, Bruce Pullig wrote:
> Do you reboot monthly too?   Or do you just wait until you need to
> reboot?   What if it is several months before you reboot, could applying
> another patch on top of a patch that needed a reboot (Kernel patch) cause
> problems.

Usually the only time I reboot is when I apply patch sets... I dont always
do them once a month... but at least once every three months.

My setup (and ability to reboot) is admittedly different than a "production
environment" - nobody's gonna gripe if the sunhelp lists and web pages are
down for five minutes.  Here at work, I have to pull teeth paractically to
get a scheduled downtime for system maintenance once I hand a box over to
end-users and they put it into production.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net