[SunHELP] OpenSSH Sunfreeware package

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 14:41:41 CDT 2001

I wish it were that easy:

<---Begin Snip--->

bash-2.03# cd  /usr/local/ssl/lib
bash-2.03# ls
libcrypto.a         libcrypto.so.0      libssl.a            libssl.so.0
libcrypto.so        libcrypto.so.0.9.6  libssl.so
libssl.so.0.9.6

<---End Snip--->

I verified that ALL the libraries are where they are suppose to be. I do
not think it is a symbolic link it is looking for but a "symbol", some
sort of programmatic problem (i.e., bug in the pkg).

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 13:52, Juan Urista wrote:
> Hey Ben,
>
> You're just missing a link to the libcryto library.  Do a find for
> "libcrypto.so.0.9.6" on your machine. If you have it then just create
> symbolic link from "/usr/local/ssl/lib" to where it is located.  if
you
> don't have it - download and install.   To find out what shared
objects
> are needed -- "cd" to the bin directory that has sshd.  Then do a:
"ldd
> sshd"
>
> later
>
> juan
>

> Ben Ricker wrote:
>
> > Has anyone installed the latest Openssl, OpenSSH packages from
> > Sunfreeware and gotten the following error:
> >
> > ld.so.1: sshd: fatal: relocation error: file
> > /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced
symbol
> > not found
> > Killed
> >
> > I have installed these packages on 2 different machines within the
last
> > month but all of a sudden they don't work. Does this error message
make
> > any sense? It sounds like the OpenSSL package is broke.

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com