[SunHELP] Recommended Patches

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 17 10:45:27 CDT 2001

I am curious: Sun comes out with recommended patches every month or so.
If I just installed a machine with Solaris 8 6/00, do i need to do EVERY
recommended patch since that date? Or do I only need to download the
latest MU? What do you do if you get behinf patches?

Unfortunately, I do not have time to go through a patch check and then
pkgget what I need (I hardly have time to do a package audit to get rid
of what I don't need!). Any info on this would be appreciated.

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com