[SunHELP] Timezone

Christopher Smiga sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 16 12:27:43 CDT 2001

Sergio,

Make the change to your "/etc/default/init" file. In there you'll see the
"TZ=US/Eastern" entry. After correcting the entry, change the "$TZ"
variable with...

TZ=*; export TZ

This set the correct timezone without you having to reboot the box. Also,
read the "MAN" pages on the "date" command. There is good information
in there.

Christopher Smiga
Enterprise Management Center Ion
http://www.emcion.org