[SunHELP] I dont have prtdiag and prtconf -V doesn't work

Jake Hawkes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 13:04:03 CDT 2001

Call me tenatios, but I have to write a program that can collect certain data from all of our
customers machines, who run a variety of machines (HPUX, AIX, OSF, SUN, Solaris) and all different
versions.  Not only that, but they sometimes will contract to other people to maintain there
systems (which we sold to them to run only our custom software).

This isn't a problem (outsourcing system support) and even if we (our company) did it for, we
might not have kept track of it anyhow.  Enter my program.  It will ferret out all the relevent
information we need and store it in a DB.

Thanks for the help, you *will* hear from me again :)

-J

--- James Lockwood <james at foonly.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 kumar_bageshwar at jpmorgan.com wrote:
>
> > Try this ::
> >
> > # /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag  -v
>
> prtdiag does not exist for sun4m.
>
> > I'm trying to discover the version (or revision) of the boot prom without
> > rebooting.  I did a
>
> Why do you think you need this?  The SS5 PROM is not upgradable without a
> chip swap, and to my knowledge is no incentive to swap versions around
> even if you can.
>
> -James

=====
---