[SunHELP] Apache for unix - antivirus?

Brian Scanlan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 12:56:38 CDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 07:21:25AM -0700, Radhika Sambamurti wrote:
> Hi,
> One of our machines is an apache server. I have had a
> request from the webmaster regarding anti-virus for Apache,
> which is running on Solaris 8.
>
> I'm wondering if there is any free software/gnu softwre or
> even proprietary software for such a thing.
> If you could let me know.

Exactly what do you want?

Covalent have a "virus" scanning module for Apache.
http://www.covalent.net/products/antivirus/

But it scans for Windows Viruses on uploads/downloads from
the web server. Is that what your webmaster wants?

Chances are they just want to know if your platform is vulnerable to
Windows viruses.

Brian.
--
Brian Scanlan, Systems Administrator.