[SunHELP] Install Solaris 7 on Intel machine.

Christopher Smiga sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 12:15:48 CDT 2001

Andrew,

I don't know what the "com.bef" file is. However, I do know that hardware
must be on the Solaris x86 HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) or it will
act strange. My first concern would be to verify that all components of
the system are in the HCL. It's a good starting point. From my experince, if
components are not in the HCL, the system will act unstable in many
cases; even during installation of the OS.

Hope this helps.

Christopher Smiga
Enterprise Management Center Ion
http://www.emcion.org