[SunHELP] login problem

Howard Hurst sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 03:36:46 CDT 2001

It might be something in your /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Maybe the passwd line? It might be looking for a nis server first? (Have you
got one?!). You want to check local files first.

passwd:     files nis

Has your server got the same subnet mask or default router as your nis
master? If you've got one, it might be an issue on your network router.

Hope that helps. (Probaby not though!)

Howard.

IMPORTANT: Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of United Business Media. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately. It
should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or  taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.