[SunHELP] xhost question

surewin champion sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 22:12:54 CDT 2001

hi,

i have a Java web application running in Sun Solaris platform. my Java web application needs to call Javax.awt.imageIcon method to generate an image during runtime.

I don't know why i must Export Display the ip address and then do a xhost +, so that my remote browser in another PC would be able to view the image.

my question is : how can i put the ipaddress of the server to some ini file, so that i will not have to issue the xhost + command.

xhost + is a very dangerous command. it might exposes some security risk.

pls help me.

thanks