[SunHELP] Net/Dest misconfiguration of interfaces by executing netstat -i

Panagiotis Elias sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 10 09:45:45 CDT 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C151B3.637F7DA0

I have the following problem on a SUNW, Ultra 2 running SunOS 5.7, =
Solaris 7, as gateway with 2 interfaces : When I check the interfaces =
(netstat -i) the first 4 output columns are :=20
Name Mtu     Net/Dest                             Address=20
lo0     8232     loopback                         localhost=20
hme1 1500     creator.space.noa.gr         creator.space.noa.gr=20
hme2 1500     space-gw.space.noa.gr     space-gw.space.noa.gr=20

In the column Net/Dest it should be the network not the host itself! =
Anyway the system is running well (even with this misconfiguration) but =
when I tried to setup a firewall it found only the lo0 interface and I =
suspect that this misconfiguration is the problem. I've tried to fix =
this ia a number of ways with no effect.=20

Anyone can help?=20

Thanks in advance!=20

Panagiotis D. Elias=20

National Observatory of Athens

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C151B3.637F7DA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-7">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>I have the=20
following problem on a SUNW, Ultra 2 running SunOS 5.7, Solaris 7, as =
gateway=20
with 2 interfaces : When I check the interfaces (netstat -i) the first 4 =
output=20
columns are : </FONT>
<P>Name Mtu     Net/Dest     =
   =20
            =
   =20
    Address <BR>lo0     8232 =
   =20
loopback            =20
            localhost =
<BR>hme1 1500=20
    creator.space.noa.gr     =
   =20
creator.space.noa.gr <BR>hme2 1500     =
space-gw.space.noa.gr=20
    space-gw.space.noa.gr=20
<P>In the column Net/Dest it should be the network not the host itself! =
Anyway=20
the system is running well (even with this misconfiguration) but when I =
tried to=20
setup a firewall it found only the lo0 interface and I suspect that this =

misconfiguration is the problem. I've tried to fix this ia a number of =
ways with=20
no effect.=20
<P>Anyone can help?=20
<P>Thanks in advance!=20
<P>Panagiotis D. Elias </P>
<P>National Observatory of Athens<BR></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C151B3.637F7DA0--