[SunHELP] error ID 801593

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 9 04:40:52 CDT 2001

Hi,

Pls check whether NIS is running, confirm thisby issuing command - ypwhich
(this should return the NIS server name yr  machine is attached to or else
start the ypbind by  /usr/lib/netsvc/yp/ypbind) .Also check the aliases
setting in the nsswitch.conf  . For any change in nsswitch.conf there is no
need to reboot the box . This is a dynamic change.

Regards,
BK

                    yulia.escorcia@        To:     sunhelp at sunhelp.org
                    exodus.net             cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     [SunHELP] error ID 801593
                    sunhelp-admin at s
                    unhelp.org

                    08/10/01 19:53
                    Please respond
                    to sunhelp

Hi,

I have a server that constantly is sending the following message in
/var/adm/messages:

Oct  8 12:17:46 db01 sendmail[13835]: [ID 801593 mail.crit] f98BlkT13566:
SYSERR(root): NIS map mail.aliases specified, but
NIS not running

I want to fix this, but I'm not sure.  If I make a change in
/etc/nsswitch.conf do I need to reboot or can I restart some process
manually to reread it.

Thanks.

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org