[SunHELP] Pricing help for U60

Kevin Stevens sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 13:11:29 CDT 2001

Hello -

I have an Ultra 60 that a friend wants to buy, and we're having trouble
finding a reasonable price because the configuration doesn't seem to be
common enough.  So I'm soliciting opinions.

Configuration is:

Ultra 60
Two 360MHz x 4MB cache CPUs
768 MB ram in two banks
Elite 3Dm6
18GB 15K rpm Seagate UltraScsi drive (new)
4GB OEM Sun Seagate drive

The difficulty is that there don't seem to be many machines out there with
Elite 3Dm6 cards, and the ones that do are usually 450MHz.  This is for a
hobbyist/home system, not a commercial one, not under maintenance.  I'm
thinking $2000, friend is thinking less.

Any help appreciated.

KeS