[SunHELP] Ultra 5 400 memory

Michael Vang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 23:55:22 CDT 2001

My understanding is that the 256MB modules are double-height... You can use
them, but you have to remove the floppy drive...

Crucial advertises a regular kit (CT142630) for $324.89 and a low profile
kit (CT189613) for $739.79... BTW, I think there are 60NS part numbers...

A friend of mine had 4 regular 256MB sticks in his U5... I never saw it
since he lives in California and I live in North Carolina, but I don't think
he'd lie to me...

He did tell me that the first set he bought did not work properly... He said
he had the wrong part number or something... After he sent them back Crucial
sent him the proper kits... The ones he originally ordered were much cheaper
than the ones he ended up with...

Mike
http://www.teamprimerib.com/