[SunHELP] Re: Sun Hardware Support

Robert Novak sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 2 12:59:01 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, OFrayman wrote:

> Does anybody know companies besides SUN that support Sun Hardware.  I am
> trying to compare the pricing.

Logicon/Grumman is one. They have good prices but I had spotty service
when I used them. Polaris is another.

One benefit to some of the third party providers is that they don't get as
flaky when you use non-sun parts. Same for OEM systems (Tatung, WTI,
etc)... I mainly went to them because of issues with Sun and a small pile
of Tatung workstations. Found that my Tatung vendor and my Logicon reps
weren't playing well together but I'm back in an all-Sun shop so I don't
know if that's a localized problem or if it happens to others.

There's another provider who one of my resellers really likes, but I'd
heard on one of the lists that they were pretty flaky. If I find the name,
I'll pass it along. Something like Tenex, but I don't think that was them.

Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows