[SunHELP] IDE RAID?

Phil Brutsche sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 30 15:37:07 CST 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 13:36, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I have a need of some sort of hardware RAID to replace a dual-disk
> Solstice setup on a machine at OnRamp (who hosts sunhelp.org).
>
> First - anybody had experience with IDE-to-SCSI RAID setups?  If so,
> recommendations?

Whatcha looking for, specifcially?  Internal or external? PC or non-PC?

External IDE-RAID devices (that you hook into a SCSI card) are out
there, but I'm not seeing anything at this moment.  Most systems are
more similar to a NetApp than anything else.

Ah, here's an external IDE RAID device (the URL may be wrapped):

http://www.zero-d.com/eshop/eshop.php?action=more&catalog=yes&product_id=5&topic_expand=2

If you need something that goes in a PC, 3ware makes an excellent
product :)

--

Phil