[SunHELP] pkgadd failure - checkinstall

DAUBIGNE Sebastien - BOR sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 29 09:33:31 CST 2001

I'm afraid      'chown -R nobody:nobody <patch tree>'  will not help if user
"nobody"
can't access the directory under which <patch tree> resides.

Normally the patch tree delivered by SUN into the tar archive  is already
accessible by 'nobody',
so you don't have to modify any permission/ownership under it.

Let's say patch tree is    "/mydir/105181-29".

All you have to do is to check "nobody" user's access to "/mydir" , with "su
nobody" for instance,
and then correct the problem ("chmod a+rx /mydir").

---
Sebastien DAUBIGNE
sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr <mailto:sebastien.daubigne at sema.fr>  - (+33)
(0)5.57.26.56.36