[SunHELP] new controller

Leslie V Brigance sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 28 14:03:23 CST 2001

Hi,

I have a boot disk going critical on an E4000.
No miiroring software such as DiskSuite or Veritas.
I plan to use dd to copy the boot disk to another array of disks
(which I have not added as of yet)
and then move the new disk into the boot slot.
IF I add another differential SCSI controller to this system and
place it on board zero where the frame buffer is now located
will I end up with all the SCSI devices rechaining since I've placed
a controller in the sequence before controller 1 and controller 2 which
are located on board 1?
Running Sol 5.8

TIA
Les