[SunHELP] java thread priorities

Fletcher, Joe sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 28 05:20:52 CST 2001

Hi,

This is a bit off topic but does anyone know if there's a way to alter java
thread scheduling priorities? I'm looking for a way to "renice" the thread
priority assuming it's even possible. Rumour has it that it can be done from
the java command line and looking at the help it would appear that the -D
switch is the primary suspect. As you can tell my knowledge of java extends
to it being an island off the coast of Sumatra. Any pointers gratefully
received.

TIA

Joe

MetaPack
The Lightwell
12/16 Laystall Street
Clerkenwell
London EC1R 4PF
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7843 6720
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7843 6721
This email is confidential and proprietary;
all information contained in it must be used only by the addressee in
accordance with MetaPack's terms of business and non-disclosure agreement.
Disclosure, copying, and distribution to, or use by, anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.