[SunHELP] Memory recognition SS20

Leslie V Brigance sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 27 10:01:30 CST 2001

Rick

Most often when I see this problem the memory is not seated all the
way down into the slots. It often requires removal of the SIMMs, cleaning
the edge of the SIMM, cleaning out the memory slot, reinserting the RAM
and making sure that all your SIMMs are level with each other.
Just the slightest difference means that the SIMM is not seated all the
way down. It often requires enough force that you will fear breaking the
SIMM.

The next obvious thing, which I'm sure you have done, is to do a boot -r
from the OK prompt to reconfigure?
<snip)

     On the same token, what is the magic trick to get a S20 to
reconize more then 224 megs of RAM upon bootup? I've got enough 64 meg
chips to go to 512mb, but it seems to be a waste. :(

     Rick

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org