[SunHELP] Need drivers for CM751!!

Greg Macaulay sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 19:48:04 CST 2001

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this list.  So please forgive me if I screwed up on
netiquette this one time.  I'll try and do better in the future.

I have a "family" problem that needs immediate intervention!  I have a
retired cousin (70+, impatient and grumpy) who the family is trying to get
"online!!"  One of his sons gave him a PC on Thanksgiving -- a Dell 233 --
but with a Sun Microsystems 19" Color Monitor (Model # CM751).  I have been
"tasked" to try and get this system "up and running" as I am one of the few
he will listen to and have more IT knowledge than anyone else in the family.
Besides I love the guy -- he was always there for me when I was a kid!!!

Also -- and most critical -- because the system didn't pop up and work when
he "pushed the button" -- his frustration level has grown very quickly!! So
before, he throws the whole system out the window (14th floor apt. in The
Bronx), I need to get this system up and running ASAP.

Now -- with that out of the way -- I can get down to business!!!

I need to find the drivers for the monitor (Sun Microsystems 19" Color
Monitor Model # CM751).  I searched the Sun.com site and the sunsolve.com
site and cannot locate any drivers.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction??

Also, as this monitor will be connected to a Dell 233 -- do I need to get
any special type of video card (PCI only!) or ccan I use whatever is in the
PC now?

Any assistance after this verbose missive will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

And happy holidays to all on this list and your familes.

Greg Macaulay
Lifetime AARP member
Retired LAw Professor