[SunHELP] SunBlade 100 and 2 monitors

gjyoung at cfl.rr.com gjyoung at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 18:53:20 CST 2001

I am having trouble getting 2 monitors to work on the Sunblade 100.  I have read the Solaris FAQ and changed the proper f=
iles that are supposed to enable both monitors, but I can not get the second monitor to work.  I have a 3D lite card and =
the builtin video port, as well as a SCSI card and a SunPCi card.  All brand new.  What happens is CDE comes up but the s=
econd monitor remains blank.  But if I move the mouse over to the right, the mouse will go off screen as if it is "mappin=
g" into the other card, but absolutely nothing comes up on the second monitor, it just stays blank.  It is getting some t=
ype of base signal though, the "no signal" error is not on the second monitor during this time.  Here are some details:

Sunblade 100, 500Mhz, 512MB, 2X20 gig HD (mirrored).
Three PCI cards installed: 3D Lite, SCSI and SunPCi
Solaris 8 07/01 installed, latest cluster patch.

cat /etc/dt/config/Xservers:
    :0   Local local_uid at console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner -dev /dev/fbs/ifb0 -dev /dev/fbs/m640

ls -ldg /dev/fbs/*:
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root          54 Nov 21 17:59 /dev/fbs/ifb0 -> ../../devices/pci at 1f,0/pci at 5/SUNW,Expert3D-Lite at 1:ifb0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root          40 Nov 21 17:59 /dev/fbs/m640 -> ../../devices/pci at 1f,0/SUNW,m64B at 13:m640

Thanks for your inputs!
Gil