[SunHELP] Inode Numbers Full

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 06:14:41 CST 2001

hi,

i have a sun ultra2 with solaris2.7 .my system is connected to billing
S/w which records billing info of more than 30,000 subscribers thus
generating same number of files in my directory.Now my system is giving
error message inode table full and performance has slowed down.But
although the disk capacity is still 75% utilized.when i copy the files
from this file system to another on same system it slows down as soon as
i start copying files from this particular directory holding theses
30,000 files.

thanks
navin.