[SunHELP] SBus Serial Cards

Steve Wingate sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 01:09:10 CST 2001

You can find quad port 10Mb/s NICs on ebay for $50-75. There are also
quad port fast ethernet available. Another option is a Sunswift card
which has a single fast ethernet interface plus a fast-wide scsi port. On
a side note, OpenBSD doesn't support dual processor systems, so you may
want to consider running ipfilter on Solaris, unless you want to trade the 2nd cpu
for a quad port NIC.
I use a Pentium 200mmx for my OpenBSD firewall and a dual SM61 Sparc 20 as
my dedicated webserver.

OpenBSD 2.9 i386
10:57PM  up 5 days,  2:46, 1 user, load averages: 0.25, 0.12, 0.09
Memory: Real: 7664K/24M act/tot  Free: 99M  Swap: 4K/128M used/tot