[SunHELP] migrate users

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 21 08:32:32 CST 2001

You are going to have to recreate the users from scratch, I believe. I
have moved /etc/shadow files from Linux to Linux, but when I tried to
move them from Linus to Solaris, the shadow file did not work. I ended
up having to redo all the passwords for the users anyway.

Unless there is a convertor out there (Anyone?), you could make a script
that reads in users and sets up their account with 'useradd' and all the
options you want and then runs them through passwd.

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 09:37, Juan Santamar=EDa H: wrote:
>=20
> Hi folk
> I have a linux server and i want to migrate all the user of this to e250.
> What are the step for migrate the user, there are some problem. What is t=
he best
> form of make this?
>=20
> Ing. Juan Santamar=EDa H:                          Universidad Latina de =
Panam=E1