[SunHELP] Sol 8 and Configuration Service Tracker...

Jason Carda sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 16 03:33:54 CST 2001

I'm attempting to put together a script to append to my jumpstart the
latest CST 1.5 agent and I'm  running into some problems. In my
reply.template that I have setup for the pkgadd command I've got
INST_DIR=/opt
FIRSTTIME=y
MIDDLEWARE=crusty
HIERARCHY= machines/
EMAIL_RECIPIENTS=cstnew at foo.com
The problem I'm having is that the HIERARCHY variable isn't apparently
what the install is looking for. Left as above, the CST package installs
correctly but on the middleware server a dir is created "machines" and
the CST data for the agent get's put into it. Which is far from the
interactive result of a directory being created on the middleware
machine with the agent's FQDN. Has anyone set this up before and figured
out what the proper variable is that CST wants?

Thanks for your time,

Jason