[SunHELP] Largest IDE drive capacity on Solaris (SPARC and x86)

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 15 03:18:21 CST 2001

Hi

No experience on x86 versions, but the question with the E450 is simply you
cannot add/use IDE disks as they are SCSI/FCAL only systems. Only the lower
spec systems U5/10/Blade/X1 etc have IDE. They need the latest Sol 8 to work
with large IDE. Never tried a 120Gb, but have seen reports of 80Gb working
ok.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd