[SunHELP] Largest IDE drive capacity on Solaris (SPARC and x86)

Thien Vu sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 14 18:28:26 CST 2001

Hi all,

I could have sworn I've seen this question come up before, but I looked
through the last 6 months of archives and couldn't find it.

I've also looked in the FAQs, and although it says that there is a 32GB
limit, I've heard of people using the disks anyways and having them work.

Am I wrong about this?? Any confirmed stories of things working or not
working?

I'm asking because I want to put some Maxtor 120GB disks into either a
E450 or x86 machine, because we need that much capacity!

Any suggestions on increasing capacity without breaking the bank would be
great too.

Thanks,

Thien