[SunHELP] ultra 2 cd-boot question

Matthew Bettinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 13:52:39 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Sailer
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 11:19 AM
Subject: RE: [SunHELP] ultra 2 cd-boot question

>There are some confusing points in your Email.
>Do you have more than one CDROM?

No.  1 scsi plextor 12X

>If you only have one, you say at one point it is ID6 (scsi drive)
>In another point and in final questions you say the jumpers are CS, SLAVE,
Block  - this ususally indicates a IDE type drive
>Are you forcing the IDE cable into the SCSI connector on the motherboard.
All pins on the connector should be used.  The >IDE connector is smaller in
pin count than the SCSI connector.

No.  It is a scsi cdrom, sorry for any confusion.  It does have that jumper
block.  May I ask (the list) what software you use to burn cd's ?

>Please clarify.

I am confused about the scsi cable hook up.  The hard drive plugs into the
board.  The cable (which has 3 connectors in a chain)  should go from the
cdrom to which slot on the mother board and  how should it be hooked up?

here is the way Ii have it now..

CDROM------{scsi connector 1}-------{scsi connector2}
                          (mother board)               (mother board)

Since there is only one device attached to the chain then there should be
only one connection to the mother board...?  Are you thouroughly confused
now ?  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

And if you forgot my other question was what cd software have you used to
sucessfully burn an image in windows or BSD.

Matt in Houston