[SunHELP] how to use my Yamaha 8224S CDRW with my Sparc20?

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 12 03:19:06 CST 2001

Hi Sameer

The only usual issue with CD's on Sun systems is whether they can boot the
Solaris CD's. Some CD's can (sometimes via jumpering) and some cannot, other
than this all of the CD's I have ever tried (SCSI) can be used with a system
as a mountable drive from the running O/S. I have never tried running any
CDRW software so cannot comment on writing to any drive.

Peter