[SunHELP] X Window Help

Dunbar, Brian sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 9 11:27:41 CST 2001

Or, I am an idiot, have mercy upon me.

If someone could just give a nudge in the right direction, right now I feel
pretty damned stupid.

I've installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a Compaq Prosignia, but the screen comes
up 'big'.  By 'big' I mean the colors are monochrome and the actual display
screen is larger than the monitor.  It's all accessible by scrolling the
mouse, just the wrong resolution.  And monochrome.

It's using Sun's X Window, not XFree, which I've used before on Intel boxes.

All I really need is the file to edit and/or the 'dummy' gui app to launch
to change this mess around.

Thanks.

Brian Dunbar