[SunHELP] asked about the Ultra 1 ... how about an Ultra 5?

Solaris Neophyte sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Nov 8 03:18:19 CST 2001

After the great deal of helpful advice everyone gave me about the Ultra 1 vs.
the Sparc20... I decided to look for a Ultra 1 200E... someone was offering a
barebones system for $400, which was WAY outta my league... so I declined.

Recently I found someone else offering me a decked out fully decked out Ultra 5
system for $500.

I briefly had some experience with an Ultra 5 about two years ago... everything
seemed to be PCI/IDE...

So my question is... how does the Ultra 5 compare to the Ultra 1?