[SunHELP] help for our server running slow!

Steve Wingate sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 18:44:17 CST 2001

On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 00:15:34
"shivraj yadav" <shivrajyadav at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi  pals..
>
> I have a server here which is running just toooooo slow .. when i telnet to
> that server, getting the login prompt also takes a couple of minutes.. Being
> a newbie i just dont know where to start.. the prelimnary checking tho'
> shows a satisfactory result... which are as follows ..

Slow.....what does slow mean exactly? slow compiling? slow booting? slow serving files? slow running across the room?
And just how slow is slow?
Your slow telnet response is likely due to the server trying to resolve the name of the host trying to telnet in. Make sure it's resolvable in /etc/hosts or via DNS.
(This is well documented in the archives, btw)

|Steve Wingate <stevew at velosystems.net>                  310.544.9920 |
|MCSE, CCNA, no JOB                      Wed Nov  7 16:40:21 PST 2001 |