[SunHELP] patchadd Preview only

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 7 11:47:32 CST 2001

I want to see if any error conditions or dependencies are displayed
before I commit the patch.
This way I can be prepared with anything that I would require
before actually "committing" the patch.

(I have to do all of my work in a very small "window" in the "wee hours"
of the morning.)

Sort of like the way IBM AIX handles the "no commit" option.

Thanks!

Dave Zarnoch
UNIX Systems Administration
SunGard eSourcing
600 Laurel Oak Rd.
Voorhees, NJ 08043
Dave.Zarnoch at sungard.com

                    Dale Ghent
                    <daleg at elementa        To:     sunhelp at sunhelp.org
                    l.org>                 cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Re: [SunHELP] patchadd Preview only
                    sunhelp-admin at s
                    unhelp.org

                    11/07/2001
                    12:22 PM
                    Please respond
                    to sunhelp

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 Dave.Zarnoch at sungard.com wrote:

| Folks,
|
| Is there any way to "preview only" a patch add on Solaris 7?
| (Don't actually apply)

nope.

what is it that you want to 'preview', really?

/dale

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org