[SunHELP] trace root commands

Steve Wingate sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 12:02:45 CST 2001

You should either set the root shell config files to not clobber the history or
disable root logins and force everyone to use sudo. This would log everything run by sudo and tell you who did it, if you configure it to.
I've seen client boxes with a history nearly 1,000 commands long, although that doesn't tell you when something was run.

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:28:31 -0200
"massaki" <massaki at fujitsu.com.br> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to trace all root or user commands that have
> been issued in a period of time ?
>
> Does solaris keep track of this information other than history?
>
> Please let me know.

|Steve Wingate <stevew at velosystems.net>                  310.544.9920 |
|MCSE, CCNA, no JOB                      Tue Nov  6 09:17:00 PST 2001 |