[SunHELP] Etern

timuel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 6 09:52:39 CST 2001

Patai,

(Assuming you mean ETRN, frequently pronounced E-turn)

ETRN (Extended Turn) is a mail protocol pretty much used for queuing =
mail. Set up your ETRN server as a lower preference MX for your domain =
and when your other box(es) go down, it`ll queue it up for ya. Most mail =
servers can issue an "ETRN domain.tld" command which will release the =
mail back to where it should have gone in the first place, or second =
etc...

Check out RFC 1985.

--
Timothy G. Wesemann