[SunHELP] restricting "su" access

James sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 3 17:48:38 CST 2001

Thus spake Solaris Neophyte (solarisneophyte at yahoo.com):

> Ther's something I really like on my FreeBSD box that I haven't seen
> implemented on Solaris.
>
> Only people belonging to the "wheel" on FreeBSD can "su" to root.
>
> Is there anyway to set the same thing up with my Solaris machine?

There's a pam_wheel module for solaris.  Works well.

The author's site seems to be gone atm, so I've put it up at:

<http://oneiros.darkspire.net/solaris/pam_wheel-1.3.tar.gz>
<http://oneiros.darkspire.net/solaris/pam_wheel-1.3.tar.gz.asc>

If you're looking to allow certain people access to specific commands and
arguments that need to be run as root, check out sudo.

HTH

--
 James <oneiros at darkspire.net>      1024D/62C2F77D
 uri: http://oneiros.darkspire.net/ EBB8 AF14 8C43 2F12 7623