[SunHELP] Help with volume mgt

Joe Pampel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Nov 2 06:25:55 CST 2001

Hi all -
I have some kind of file mgt problem going on on our E3500. One of my =
volumes is filling up with=20
*something* but I'm having trouble finding it. My command line fu is not =
that good (I'm new to Solaris/Unix) but I have to work on this remotely =
over ssh.. no CDE for the newbie..
how can I find the biggest folders on the volume?
What's the "best" way to find out what's hogging this thing? I'm out to =
85% used and it's gotten so big it's messing with my ability to back it =
up.. it used to be/should be maybe 12GB, but is over double that now.
Help! :-)

details (if it helps)
E3500 running Solaris 8 with Veritas Foundation suite (so VFS, not UFS)