[SunHELP] xntpd problem

David Rouse sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 18:53:41 CDT 2001

On Thursday, May 31, 2001, at 07:28 PM, Naresh wrote:

>   I downloaded the latest version of xntpd and compiled on Solaris 8.
> When I try to run this command:
>
> #tickadj -s -a 1000    I get this error
>
> tickadj: /dev/ksyms is not a 32-bit kernel namelist
> tickadj: kvm_open failed

It sounds like if you are running a 64-bit kernel you are going to need
a 64-bit version of xntpd. And if you are running Solaris 8 (and 7,
2.6?) you already have xntpd, no need to compile. Well, you might need
to patch...

By the way, I'm trying out a new email client. If the line wraps are
crap, or this shows up as some crazy encoding, please let me know.

--
drouse