[SunHELP] E450 CPU change and OBP flash?

Hatle, Steven J. sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 14:30:09 CDT 2001

Gents,

This was a single CPU upgrade- replace one CPU with another. I'm not there
right now, so I don't have the part numbers handy.

My 450 docs state the clock mode select jumper in it's default position is
"correct clock mode for any UltraSPARC II CPU modules". The other position
is "not used".

It's not out of the question that the "new" CPU is bad, but it was working
when pulled. Rev level shouldn't be a problem if there's only one, right?
<grin>

Steve