[SunHELP] Strange rsh problem from 2.8 to AIX, HP-UX

SoupIsGood Food sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 17:40:10 CDT 2001

Hello!

	I've got an Ultra10 running Solaris 2.8. I can

"$rsh somehost ps -ef"

	into other Sun machines on our network, but I get strange errors when
trying this trick on AIX hosts,  and no response at all from HP-UX boxen.

	Here's the error I get from AIX -

"Couldn't look up address for your host" on the older systems and

"rshd: 0826-823 Cannot look up the address for your host." on newer AIX
4.3.3 boxen.

	Again, other Sun boxes will give me a ps output no sweat, and an nslookup
reveals that my hostname and my IP match. Any idea as to what's up?

PS -

	"rlogin" seems to work when remotely logging into AIX systems, but only
some of the time. When using rlogin to get to a HP-UX host, it returns -

"rlogind: Host address mismatch.."

	TIA!

	- Soup