[SunHELP] TCP Wrappers, testing of "Paranoid" flag

Albertson, Chris sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 12:18:27 CDT 2001

I've got the TCP Wrappers package installed and working on
a few Solaris boxes.  It was simple to buld and setup, no
problems.

What's got be stumped is how to test the "PARANOID" keyword
in my /etc/hosts.deny file. (Yes I built tcpd correctly so
I can trap and log these.)

I need a host with mis-matched DNS entry to test this.  How
else can I exercise this feature?

Thanks,

Chris Albertson
calbertson at primeadvantage.com

+++ Please ignore any silly footer that may follow +++
contain proprietary and confidential information. Any unauthorized review,
of the original message. Thank you