[SunHELP] How to tell the Version of Solaris installed ? uname not good enough !

James sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue May 29 17:44:16 CDT 2001

Thus spake Edward Chase (echase at postoffice.providence.edu):

> postoffice bash ~ -> cat /etc/release
>                             Solaris 8 s28_38shwp2 SPARC
>             Copyright 2000 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
>                              Assembled 21 January 2000
>
> So, what have I got here?  It doesn't fit any of the dates below.

You may have the first release.  Normally you'll see a date after Solaris 8 on
the first line.  iirc, pre-release and the first release didn't do that.  I
believe s28_38shwp2 is the first release.

--
 James <oneiros at darkspire.net>      1024D/62C2F77D
 url: http://oneiros.darkspire.net/ EBB8 AF14 8C43 2F12 7623