[SunHELP] Looking for a script

Will Mc Donald sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat May 26 08:23:54 CDT 2001

Isn't there a permissions option for the find commmand? Yep, GNU find comes
up with...

       -perm mode
              File's  permission  bits are exactly mode (octal or
              symbolic).  Symbolic modes use mode 0 as a point of
              departure.

       -perm -mode
              All  of  the  permission  bits mode are set for the
              file.

       -perm +mode
              Any of the permission bits mode  are  set  for  the
              file.

And you could use type to only check directories...

       -type c
              File is of type c:

              b      block (buffered) special

              c      character (unbuffered) special

              d      directory

              p      named pipe (FIFO)

              f      regular file

              l      symbolic link

              s      socket

I don't have a Solaris machine handy to check its find options but you
should be OK.