[SunHELP] Anonymous ftp

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 14:32:56 CDT 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 09:52:47AM -0700, Atharva Karnik wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does any body guide me how to disable Anonymous Ftp on
> Sun ?

Easiest is probably to manipulate the user, either you remove it, or
if you dont want to do that you can either remove the entry for the
"ftp" user from the /etc/shadow file, change the name of it to
something like "ftpd", or you could change the ftp users homedir
to something which doesn't exists.

In the manpage you can read which criteria which must be true in
order to let someone logon as "anonymous" or "ftp", reversing
those rules will tell you otherways to disallow it.

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my employer */