[SunHELP] RAID controller card

Frank-Christian Kruegel sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 24 01:00:46 CDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:17:50 +0900, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm looking for RAID controller card (PCI) which support RAID5=20
>and can be attached on EP250 installed Solaris 2.6.
>Using location is JAPAN.
>
>Do anyone have a information ?=20

=46irst suggestion (for smaller systems):=20

http://www.infortrend.com/products/ultra160_64/sen1500_2500.htm

(or perhaps =
http://www.users-side.co.jp/shopping/?cat=3Draid&item=3Dsubsystem, I
couldn't read it completely)

Use your existing on-board scsi controller to connect to the RAID system.=
 The
RAID system is a 5.25" box that controls the hard disks. You will need no=
 driver
software at all since this box does everything else. The computer will =
only see
one or more logical drives managed by the controller.

Second suggestion (for big systems)

Buy a JNI FC-AL adapter and install it the your Sun.

Then have a look at:

http://www.cmd.com/ProductInfo.cfm?ProdID=3D160

This box has two FC-AL inputs from your machine and eight SCSI outputs, =
so you
can connect 8*15=3D120 hard disks, with each having 75 GB you have about =
9000 GB
of raw storage. Should be enough, right?

There are no PCI controllers for Sun as you know it from the PC world. =
Instead
you use such external boxes. There are certainly more products, but I've =
had
these in my fingers know that they are working.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Kr=FCgel
IstDa Kommunikationssysteme