[SunHELP] Type control-d to proceed with normal startup,(or give root password for system

huaming zhang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 19:13:30 CDT 2001

<DIV>      After I logged out by clicking exit button yesterday, the machine didnot return to its normal login(CDE) window, but if returned to its Console, after I rebooted, it gave me the messge as the subject of this email, if I chose ctrl-d, it gave me :</DIV>
<DIV>  ENTER RUN LEVEL (0-6, s or S) [3]:</DIV>
<DIV>  After I chose anynumber form 0-6, it bounced back:</DIV>
<DIV>  INIT: Cannot create /var/adm/utmpx</DIV>
<DIV>  INIT: SINGLE USER MODE</DIV>
<DIV>  then It return to the subject of the email.</DIV>
<DIV>  So what should I do?</DIV>
<DIV>  Thanks!</DIV>